for New and Returning members
(revised September 2017)
To become a member of NCSOA, you must meet the requirements below and be accepted as a member.
- Be a currently registered USSF certified referee, Grade 8 or higher.
- Register at online prior to the start of the season and pay your registration fee (currently $50).
- Pass the high school soccer rules take-home exam with a score of 85% or higher.
- Not currently a high school student or a high school soccer coach during the current school year.
- Provide letters of recommendations from two referee assignors or referee coordinators. We also would like to see you officiate at tournaments prior to joining our organization.
- Must have gold, red, and black short-sleeved and long-sleeved jerseys at every game. Members also may use blue and green jerseys. (USSF OSI style is recommended.)
- Be able to attend all scheduled meetings unless you are officiating on that same evening. All of our meetings are generally at 7:00 p.m. at a location to be determined by the Board.
- Have access to the Internet and have a valid e-mail address to register and receive game assignments.